Already 1 month into 2015 and Equity by Design has had its own blizzard of activity! BSA AIA hosted us on January 12th with an energized full room of attendees (and about 18% men!) and thoughtful discussion about equity in professional practice. With such a great start to the year, we haven't stopped; our AIASF local EQxD committee has been prioritizing our initiatives for the coming year. Here are the main events both locally and nationally to propel the Equity by Design movement.
EQxD "U" 2015 Workshop Series [SF]
You asked and we listened! Featuring the "Best of" breakouts from the Equity by Design Symposium on October 18th, we are bringing back 4 of the top sessions with longer durations that occur throughout the year. Workshops will take place on Thursday evenings at AIASF, 130 Sutter Street, SF.
At each Workshop in the series, we will present the results of the Equity in Architecture Survey in a panel format focused on one of the 3 major knowledge sessions: Hiring & Retention, Growth & Development, and Meaning & Influence. Small group Break-outs will follow with more time to discuss the findings and work on actionable outcomes that apply to your workplace situation.
We suggest registering early as space is limited for each event to optimize interactions. You can register for individual sessions or the entire EQxD "U" Workshop Series. 2015 Sponsors of Equity by Design will receive tickets to each event based on sponsorship levels. For more information about each event, including pricing and ticket reservation, please go to that workshop's event page.
- March 12 - Satisfaction: Workplace Innovations to Attract, Develop and Keep Talent [HR]
- June 11 - What's Flex got to do with It? Work, Life and Everything in Between [HR]
- August 13 - Collaborative Negotiation is your Power Tool [GD]
- October 8 - Architecture And... [MI]
EQxD National & Global Outreach Events
- February 27 - Equity by Design presents at AIANY Center for Architecture (8am-10am)
- February 27 - Powerful /AIA Los Angeles (Survey Findings presented)
- March 5 - WIA DC -Redefining the Passion via Skype
- March 18 - 2nd International Congress on Architecture and Gender (Lisbon, Portugal)
- April 15 - AIA Large Firm Roundtable (Survey Findings presented)
- May 13 - EQxD: Knowledge, Discussion, Action! AIA Convention Atlanta (WE310 1-5pm)
- September 17-18 - AIA Women's Leadership Summit, Seattle
- TBD - AIA Cincinnati
- TBD - AIA Wisconsin Convention